ACCOUNTANT / SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
- Manama, Bahrain
Posted In 11/9/2013
Main Purpose of Job:
Responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to prepare accounts and timely accurate financial reports and statements.
Essential Work Activities:
• Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts.
• Implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
• Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
• Assist in the preparation and review of budget.
• Ensure all financial and regulatory reporting deadlines are met.
• Assistance in smooth completion of audit process.
• Prepare financial management reports.
• Preparation and review of payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
• Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to vendors and clients.
• Resolve accounting discrepancies.
• Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company's automated financial systems.
• Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits and ensure a smooth completion of audit process.
• Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff.
• Adheres to the contents of the Company’s overall internal procedures and policies.
• Perform such other duties that may be required from time to time.
Essential & Desirable:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Commerce.
• 5+ years accounting/finance experience.
• Knowledge of regulatory rules and requirements with regard to the role
• Good command in English.
• Computer literate.
• Preferably bilingual.
• Holder of relevant professional qualifications is desirable.
• Knowledge in international and local accounting standards.
• Knowledge of cash management and cash control principles and methods.
• Planning and organizing skills.
• Knowledge and experience in preparing and interpreting financial statements and budgets.
• Ability to accurately synthesize and organize information for analysis.
• Ability to perform advanced data analysis using prescribed tools accurately and efficiently.
• Ability to generate critical commentary on financial and business information and performance.
• Willingness to work to a flexible schedule
About The Company
Established in 2003, Clarendon Parker Bahrain is an International Recruitment Specialist Consultancy based in Bahrain’s Seef Business District. We specialise in mid to senior level professional, managerial, technical recruitment and staffing solutions in Bahrain and beyond. Our multinational team of consultants are experienced professionals within the fields they represent. Each consultant brings strong industry links and knowledge to better understand your business requirements. We know the market and we know our candidates!
Our team of dedicated consultants specialise in the following industries:
Accounting, Finance & Banking
Logistics & Customer Service
Secretarial & Administration
Human Resources & Recruitment
Engineering & Construction
Marketing & PR
Oil and Gas
The current range of services includes permanent and temporary recruitment, recruitment advertising campaigns, employee satisfaction surveys, state-of-the-art web-based recruitment technology and HR consulting services relating to recruitment processes and activities.