Financial Reporting Manager – Retail
- Manama, Bahrain
Posted In 8/5/2014
Purpose of Role
To manage reporting and reconciliations and to manage the Inventory Management
• Preparation of Monthly Accounts.
• Prepare quarterly consolidated accounts for statutory audit.
• Liaise with external auditors on a quarterly basis on the preparation of statutory accounts.
• Ensure timely completion and submission of the quarterly statutory accounts as required by Bahrain Bourse and the Central Bank of Bahrain.
• Review and monitor Balance sheet reconciliations performed on a monthly basis.
• Review slow moving stock and make provision each quarter end.
• Fixed Asset Management – Ensure all assets are tagged and verified on an annual basis.
• Perform monthly and year end close of financial records.
• Review and manage all Advertising and Beauty Advisor contracts, ensuring all contracts are recorded in the correct period.
• Manage and review all Payables and Receivable account balances.
Inventory Management Department
• Review the stock control perpetual count plan and make changes as deemed necessary. Review the bi-annual full stock count plan with the Stock Control manager.
• Review and follow up on stock count and spot check reports.
• Analysis of inventory adjustments for posting to general ledger including the stock provision, stock damages and obsolete stock for write off.
• Supervise the financial reporting function
• Ensure timely and accurate reporting.
• Manage the external audit
Ensure all internal controls on the Company Accounting system are in place by regular system monitoring and testing.
• Supervise the Accounts Department
• Supervise the Inventory Control Department
• Liaise with the management company and other suppliers on a monthly basis to ensure all discrepancies are cleared and dealt with in a timely
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
• Good accounting system skills
• Retail or FMCG experience required
• Degree educated (Accountancy or Finance)
• Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CPA, CIMA,)
• Ability to be both strategic and operational
• A logical and practical outlook on processes
• Ability to clearly and confidently express ideas and facts both in the written and verbal form.
• Excellent presentation, report-writing, meeting management and facilitation skills.
• Ability to identify problems and provide solutions.
About The Company
Established in 2003, Clarendon Parker Bahrain is an International Recruitment Specialist Consultancy based in Bahrain’s Seef Business District. We specialise in mid to senior level professional, managerial, technical recruitment and staffing solutions in Bahrain and beyond. Our multinational team of consultants are experienced professionals within the fields they represent. Each consultant brings strong industry links and knowledge to better understand your business requirements. We know the market and we know our candidates!
Our team of dedicated consultants specialise in the following industries:
Accounting, Finance & Banking
Logistics & Customer Service
Secretarial & Administration
Human Resources & Recruitment
Engineering & Construction
Marketing & PR
Oil and Gas
The current range of services includes permanent and temporary recruitment, recruitment advertising campaigns, employee satisfaction surveys, state-of-the-art web-based recruitment technology and HR consulting services relating to recruitment processes and activities.