- Manama, Bahrain
Posted In 13/8/2013
• Performs routine qualitative and quantitative chemical and biochemical analysis of sewage, water, soil, or other materials by standardized and predetermined methods, including detailed testing of wastewater
• Performs routine and specialized tests and analysis on raw and digested sludges and water, including tests for volatile and suspended solids, total dissolved solids, alkalinity, total hardness, pH, biochemical oxygen demand, total and fecal coliform (MPN and Colilert), standard plate counts, and other tests.
• Collects a variety of water and wastewater samples at the wastewater treatment plant, creeks, and within the water distribution system; logs all samples taken from the field.
• Performs routine calculations in making tests and writing reports.
• Drafts standard operating procedures or updates current procedures as needed, for review such as a chemical hygiene plan.
• Records a variety of test data and keeps records pertaining to analysis through the use of a computerized Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
• Maintains laboratory records and prepares laboratory reports.
• Performs quality control tests on laboratory procedures and maintains the quality control program and records.
Minimum of 3 years laboratory experience for the senior role
Operations, services, and activities of a laboratory. Modern laboratory techniques and procedures as related to the analysis of water and wastewater. Statistics as applied to chemical and biological testing procedures. The care, maintenance, and operational requirements of laboratory equipment and apparatus. Physical plant characteristics, seasonal changes in treatment system operation and available options in process operations. State Laboratory Accreditation procedures and required records. The principles of organic and inorganic chemistry. Microbiological techniques and procedures applicable to public water and wastewater systems. Sampling procedures and field equipment. Basic mathematics. Occupational hazards and standard safety practices. Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes and regulations pertaining to public water and wastewater systems.
Hold a 2 year Diploma in a Chemistry related subject.
• Previous laboratory experience.
• Familiarity with chemical standard analytical methods.
• Familiarity with biological/microbiological standard analytical methods.
• Background knowledge of process Environmental Regulatory issues would be advantageous.
About The Company
Established in 2003, Clarendon Parker Bahrain is an International Recruitment Specialist Consultancy based in Bahrain’s Seef Business District. We specialise in mid to senior level professional, managerial, technical recruitment and staffing solutions in Bahrain and beyond. Our multinational team of consultants are experienced professionals within the fields they represent. Each consultant brings strong industry links and knowledge to better understand your business requirements. We know the market and we know our candidates!
Our team of dedicated consultants specialise in the following industries:
Accounting, Finance & Banking
Logistics & Customer Service
Secretarial & Administration
Human Resources & Recruitment
Engineering & Construction
Marketing & PR
Oil and Gas
The current range of services includes permanent and temporary recruitment, recruitment advertising campaigns, employee satisfaction surveys, state-of-the-art web-based recruitment technology and HR consulting services relating to recruitment processes and activities.