Marine Assistant Officer
- Manama, Bahrain
Posted In 10/12/2013
1) Shore based communication equipment to get approved by the Ministry of Interior.
2) Acts as intermediary between company and various govt. dept. ( PMA, Coast Guard, Immigration, Customs ).
3) Obtain crew shore passes from Immigration dept.
1) Clearing of crew from/to Bahrain airport: Crew arrival - Proceeds to immigration office in Mina Salman along with the arrived crew to obtain exit stamp & submission of updated crew list
2) Crew departure - On the day of departure, takes crew member to immigration dept. in Mina Salman to stamp entry in the passport.
1) Customs agent’s license required
2) Proceed to & inform Port & Maritime Affairs (PMA) 4 days prior to expected arrival of tug & barge with
3) Preparation of application form for vessels berthing in private jetties, obtaining approval from various officials in PMA & collection of invoice for handling charge
4) When tug & barge arrives into Bahrain waters, brings Sitra customs official in own car to the jetty, accompanies him by boat to anchorage for immigration & customs clearance, returns by boat to the jetty & drops customs official to Sitra customs office
5) Customs clearance post arrival of combi- submits handling charge invoice to accounts for preparation of cheque, submits cheque to PMA along with supplier invoice, certificate of origin & UAE statistical export document.
6) 24 hours prior to departure, obtains outward clearance for combi & submits clearance documents to the tug.
7) Maintains a file of every shipment.
1. Licensed DPA (Designated Person Ashore) approved by PMA
2. Direct communication with PMA relating to marine operations & port operating license
3. Liaise with PMA, Class surveyor, with matters of vessel certificates/renewals
4. Obtain endorsement of crew credentials from PMA for each officer of the tug
5. Obtain de-ratting certificate for each tug from Ministry of Health every 6 months.
About The Company
Established in 2003, Clarendon Parker Bahrain is an International Recruitment Specialist Consultancy based in Bahrain’s Seef Business District. We specialise in mid to senior level professional, managerial, technical recruitment and staffing solutions in Bahrain and beyond. Our multinational team of consultants are experienced professionals within the fields they represent. Each consultant brings strong industry links and knowledge to better understand your business requirements. We know the market and we know our candidates!
Our team of dedicated consultants specialise in the following industries:
Accounting, Finance & Banking
Logistics & Customer Service
Secretarial & Administration
Human Resources & Recruitment
Engineering & Construction
Marketing & PR
Oil and Gas
The current range of services includes permanent and temporary recruitment, recruitment advertising campaigns, employee satisfaction surveys, state-of-the-art web-based recruitment technology and HR consulting services relating to recruitment processes and activities.