HR Commercial Business Partner – Sales & Marketin
- Ras Al Khaima, UAE
Posted In 5/6/2013
Salary - up to 20,000AED plus family schooling contribution, tickets/medical, based RAK
Our client is a leading manufacturer in the world of FMCG and they have offices throughout the MENA region. They are creating a new HR business Partner position for the Sales and Marketing department. This is an exciting role as you will be part of something new and be responsible for how the processes and systems are put into place.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
• You will cover between 75 and 100 staff based in UAE; PAK; Egypt, KSA(yet to join), Turkey, Africa, India. This will require considerable travel at times, and can be last minute so it needs someone who is very flexible for that. They will also need a passport that will allow them to travel to those countries with considerable ease in terms of visas.
• This position will report the HR Director and be based in RAK. For the first 6 months it is imperative the candidate be working there to learn the business however after 6 months there is flexibility to have 1 or 2 days a week in Dubai.
• The candidate needs to have handled/managed an entire business entity from an HR perspective and on a regional scale
• Oversee payroll for the different countries for their respective headcount
• This person will need to put HR policies and procedures into place as many of the regions are relatively new. Almost a start up process for some countries
• Ensure local contacts are compliant with local labour laws
• Anticipate country issues like economy and politics and how that impacts the office in terms of HR and general functioning. Inflation on salaries, civil unrest and staff safety.
• Person should have a strong background in one of the following HR areas – Comps and Ben, Training and Development, Recruitment
In order to be considered for this role you must have at least 6 years experience in HR at a managerial level having managed an entire business entity. We are not looking for someone who is from manufacturing, we would prefer people from a commercial environment. You must be willing to work in RAK and travel at least 3 times per month. This will be a hands-on role, developing and implementing processes across the region. You must have excellent communication skills in English, able to present ideas to teams, get employee engagement, and help manage the change process. You must be diplomatic with each team. This role will be active in Q3.
About The Company
Irwin & Dow was established by two highly experienced recruitment professionals, Tracey Irwin and Jocelyn Dow. We provide a refreshing approach by working in close partnership with clients and candidates within the Business Support, Secretarial, HR & Finance sectors.
Good staff are key to every business. We recognise and appreciate this, having over thirty years combined recruitment and executive search experience within the region.
Our main aim is to provide a specialist service to clients preferring to work with a bespoke consultancy.
Our values of discretion and diplomacy are paramount and our ultimate goal is to become a partner of choice for all our clients and candidates.