Project Engineer – ICT & ELV – AF Technologies
- Dubai, UAE
Posted In 6/5/2014
- Applicants 102
- Views 5924
Al-Futtaim Technologies, one of the region's leading system integrators, is part of the Al-Futtaim Group. As both system integrator and business solution provider, Al-Futtaim Technologies, boasts of a highly skilled and professional workforce and world-class products and services.
Products range from Alcatel-Lucent Voice and Data Solutions to Toshiba Office Automation, Microsoft Business Solutions to MobiApps and Verso amongst others. Our services include consulting, design and deployment of infrastructure, voice and data solutions as well as business applications.
Our project team conceptualise, plan, organise, develop, manage, monitor, control, document & deliver all Al Futtaim Technologies projects.
The project team ensures that all approved project are inline with client's parameters such as quality standards, cost budgets, delivery schedules, meet committed user requirements whilst maintaining industry standards for quality and safety.
The Project Engineer ICT & ELV would be responsible for:
* Project planning, tracking, monitoring, documenting
* Material or resource managing & approving
* Identifying & accessing all the risks including cost & timing after award of the project
* Conducting value engineering studies and exercises to ensure cost savings
* Verifying & confirming BOQ, Prelims & other expenses in advance to avoid unwarranted / unaccounted costs
* Preparing RFQ for issuing subcontracts and recommending the 'best fit' sub-contractor for the lowest cost
* Reducing internal manpower costs by managing resources appropriately.
* Submitting weekly reports on all projects to the management by showing escalations where required along with project based cost savings
* Delivering schedule to be provided to the commercial team at the beginning of each project
3 Open Positions
To be successful in winning this role, you will have the following prerequisites:
* A degree in Electronics/Telecom or a related discipline
* 5 Plus years of experience in ELV systems, SCC (Copper & Fibber), Voice, Data, Wifi, CCTV, Access Control System and Intrusion Detection Solution
* Experience in project Testing & Commissioning
* A certification in PMP; certifications from principles in ELV & ICT systems is an advantage
About The Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.