Senior Internal Auditor
- Dubai, UAE
Posted In 5/12/2013
Balfour Beattly is looking for high caliber candidates to fill the position of Senior Internal Auditor across its newly created GCCII (GCC countries, India and Indonesia) region. It is an exciting opportunity to work across both the Parsons Brinckerhoff professional services business as well as construction operations across the GCCII region. The successful candidate will be working with a vibrant team looking to maximize growth across these expanding markets and will play a key role in Balfour Beatty’s assurance function.
As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will be based in Abu Dhabi/ Dubai, reporting functionally to the Vice President/Global Director of Internal Audit in the US and ultimately to the Head of Group Risk and Assurance of Balfour Beatty PLC. Administratively this person will report to the Director of Ethics Risk & Assurance and will support audit activities to be undertaken throughout the GCC India and Indonesia regions involving offices located in the following geographical locations: Kuwait, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Iraq, India and Indonesia.
The key aspect of this role is to provide assurance to senior management adequate financial internal controls and procedures exist and are operating effectively. Parsons Brinckerhoff’s Senior Internal Auditor will:
• Participate in the development and review with Management of the annual audit plans for the GCCII region.
• Undertake a wide range of contract and business process reviews assessing key risks and identifying and reviewing those controls put in place by Management of the operational businesses within the GCCII region.
• Prepare reports on audit observations arising from reviews and provide value-added recommendations to ensure a proper control environment exists and risks are being mitigated
• Review, write, and discuss audit observations and reports with relevant Management at all levels.
1 Open Positions
بكالوريوس / ليسانس
• Degree holder in accounting/finance/management with a professional qualification (CPA and or CIA or equivalent)
• Strong written skills in both English and Arabic and verbal communication skills involving both English and Arabic or Farsi preferred
• Minimum 8+ years internal audit experience gained from conducting financial and operational audits within a multi-national services organization, experience of audit background in construction preferred (please non-financial services experience only)
• Ability to work independently and interact at all of levels of an organization in a professional manner, adapting to different environments
• Ability to be proactive and think independently
• Travel approximately 50-60% of the time with the GCCII region
• Some exposure to Oracle
About The Company
PB is one of the world's leading planning, engineering, and program and construction management organizations.
Established more than 125 years ago, PB is proud to serve our clients in all facets of Power, Environment, Transportation and Infrastructure projects as well as the overall communities in which we live and work.
Our diverse and comprehensive offerings are a natural extension of our experience and core skills. We help shape some of the world's largest and most important public works projects.
PB defines success by the sustainable value we deliver to clients, communities, our employee-owners and our profession. I invite you to explore how our people, history and expertise are enabling us to accomplish our mission: to be a positive and highly influential force in the development and operation of infrastructure throughout the world.